Please read important shipping information below before ordering to ensure items arrive in optimal condition, items not shipped as per instructions below are sent at your own risk!
We are delighted to offer Avellana Cheese, a
unique vegan cheese that is one of the best we've ever had. Created with
organic hazelnuts and organic hemp seeds grown in the Pacific Northwest and
using age-old traditional cheese-making methods, this cheese is made from
actual nut and seed milk instead of nut pastes that are used in many vegan
cheeses. The result is a cheese with a lush, silky creaminess, and a rich,
cultured taste. Avellana Hemp & Hazelnut Cheeses are available in 6
amazing flavors, including:
Italian Herb: A piquant, earthy spice blend (organic basil, organic bregano, and organic rosemary) is a perfect partner for the savory cheese, creating a creamy and satisfying herbed experience.
Berbere African Spice: Twelve different spices (Organic Paprika, Sea Salt, Organic Cayenne, Organic Fenugreek, Organic Coriander, Organic Cumin, Organic Black Pepper, Organic Cardamom, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Clove, Organic Ginger, Organic Turmeric) are combined to produce Berbere, a spice blend that has its origins in Ethiopia. The result is a cheese that is exotically spicy and truly unique - it's bold and complex, making an exceptional pairing with the unique cheese base.
Curry: Colorful, fragrant and incredibly rich, this beautiful and creamy cheese invokes the exotic flavors of India.
Smoked Paprika: If you like mild and smoky umami, this cheese is for you. The Paprika peppers are roasted and smoked, then ground into a rich and deep red powder. This smoky spice blends well with the hemp & hazelnut cheese, adding another layer of complexity to the already smooth and nutty cheese.
Pesto: Made with organic basil, garlic and lemon pepper. The flavors mix together to create a warm and fragrant cheese that will practically transport you to a European pub in the 1800's. Avellana Hemp & Hazelnut Pesto Cheese pairs perfectly with a glass of wine, ale, or strong hot tea.
Currant: The currant may be small, but it’s flavor is mighty and it blends with hazelnut cream like a dream. It’s a little bit tart and a little bit sweet and a whole lot divine...try it on crackers or toast with fresh fruit for a truly sublime experience.
All Avellana Creamery Vegan Hazelnut Cheeses are made in a gluten-free facility. 3 oz. (85g) cheeses are $12.99 each.
Italian Herb ingredients: Organic hazelnuts, organic hemp, organic apple cider vinegar, salt, organic spices, vegan cultures
Berbere ingredients: Organic hazelnuts, organic hemp, organic apple cider vinegar, salt, organic spices, vegan cultures
Curry ingredients: Organic hazelnuts, organic apple cider vinegar, salt, organic spices, vegan cultures
Smoked Paprika ingredients: Organic hazelnuts, organic apple cider vinegar, salt, organic spices, vegan cultures
Pesto ingredients: Organic hazelnuts, organic hemp, organic apple cider vinegar, salt, organic spices, vegan cultures
Currant ingredients: Organic hazelnuts, organic apple cider vinegar, salt, organic currants, vegan cultures,
Nutritional information - coming soon!
1. Our system has changed slightly for cold products - as of this time, when you add the first refrigerated or frozen item to your order, one Cold Pack Insulated Shipper will be automatically added to your shopping cart as well. If you do NOT wish to have this cold shipper added to keep your items cool and better protected from heat during shipping, you may click the small trash can/delete icon to the right of the item and it will be removed from your order. However, if you choose to remove this from your order, we are not responsible if the items do not arrive in satisfactory condition, so only remove the cold shipper if you are 100% certain that you are willing to accept the risk of the item arriving in a more thawed condition.
2. This item is perishable and should be shipped with a Cold Bag or Cold Box Shipper (one cold shipper will automatically add to your cart with the first cold product you choose to purchase) and shipped via 2nd Day Air to ensure maximum freshness (unless you are within a 2 day ship time from Wisconsin.) The following states can be shipped via UPS Ground to arrive within 2 days: WI, IL, MN, IN, MI, IA, MO, OH, KY, TN, WV, NE, KS (eastern half of state), GA (northern half of state), ND (eastern half of state), PA (western half of state), and NY (western half of state.) If you do not live in one of the states noted above, we strongly urge you to choose 2nd Day Air for your shipping option during checkout. We cannot guarantee freshness or replace perishable items if the shipping time is longer than 2 days and if a Cold Bag or Shipper is not included. At checkout, you will see the days in transit for Ground delivery - if you see 3 or 4 days for your delivery time, we do recommend selecting 2nd Day Air to expedite the order to ensure best condition on arrival, otherwise, items may arrive completely thawed and we are not able to replace anything sent that is not shipped in accordance with our recommendations for cold items.
3. Refrigerated/frozen item orders with a Cold Shipper are shipped Monday through Wednesday unless you are in a 1-day ship range for Ground (of which, the last day for shipping cold items is Thursday for 1-day range orders) – all orders placed after 12:00 PM on Wednesday may be held for shipment until the following Monday to ensure that they are not left in a UPS facility over the weekend.
4. If you have cold items in your order and if you will NOT be home to receive the items at the time of delivery, we STRONGLY suggest having the order shipped to your work location, or, to a family member/friend/neighbor who can take the items in and put them into proper cold storage immediately on arrival. We are not responsible for items that are too thawed if they're delivered early and not received until later in the evening, so please plan your delivery accordingly so that your order will not spend the day sitting on a porch on in a hallway where it will continue to thaw for many hours.
5. We do not recommend shipping to PO Box addresses unless you are in one of the states listed above that are within a 2-day shipping time. If you do ship to a PO Box, we strongly recommend checking with your post office daily for delivery as we cannot replace items left at your box too long that have become inedible.
6. This item should only be shipped inside the USA, as delivery outside the USA normally takes too long to ensure proper freshness. If you wish to ship this item outside the USA, please email us at email@example.com to discuss expedited shipping options. Any orders for this item sent outside the USA are done so at your own risk, and by checking the box at top, you accept all responsibility for sending this item outside the USA at your own risk.
7. Please do not be alarmed if items arrive in a state of thawing (which may happen if your area is quite warm at the time of delivery), as there are no animal-based ingredients that pose a health risk of going bad by being exposed to some heat during the final part of delivery.As long as this item is shipped to arrive within 2 days and has cold packs added, it will be adequate to consume even if it is not completely chilled when it arrives. Items may begin to warm up on the 2nd day in transit if they are transported in warm trucks or are being delivered to hot areas. So long as you ensure proper delivery in this time frame and have selected cold packs or a cold shipper box the items will only warm up for a short period at most and will stay cool for the bulk of the journey to you.
8. By clicking the check box to confirm you have read our policies, you accept all risk in shipping this item to you in the event that you choose not to ensure delivery within 2 days and/or do not choose to purchase a cold shipper box or cold shipper pouch. If you do not ensure proper delivery, we cannot offer any replacements or reimbursements for items that have spent excessive time in heat en route to their destination.
So good even omnivores will love it
From Robin of Waukesha, Wisconsin on 8/1/2016.
I've had the Italian Herb multiple times and keep meaning to take it to family gatherings but it gets consumed (by me) before I can do it. It has a nice tang and more of a cheese dip-like consistency rather thank a sliced cheese type, if that makes sense.This is delicious and not a sad substitute for "real" cheese. It's something I am 100% sure would be a hit at a party. It's slightly pricey but that's the way it goes. I feel it's worth it.
Truly the best vegan cheese I've had!
From Sandy Smith of Seattle, Washington on 8/15/2015.
I've tried almost all their flavors and love everyone! My husband addicted to the Smoked Paprika, but I love them all! I missed having a perfect cheese to enjoy with red wine, but no more!! Thanks Avellana!
Which is my fave Avellana cheese?????
From Leeza Coleman of New York, New York on 2/13/2015.
My favorite Avellana Creamery cheese is the one I'm eating at the moment. Superbly nuanced flavors, lovely tang, memorable smoothness with a wonderful palate-satisfying amount of grainy finish -- flavor that coats the palate and fills the mouth. Done perfectly. Both elegant and earthy; for guests and for you. Well done, Avellana! Kudos to the cheesemakers!
Italian Herb Delight!
From Professor Plumb of El Paso, Texas on 2/13/2015.
This was the best cheese I've had since going vegan! It was creamy and strong flavored - perfect on a slice of bread or in a veggie sandwich. I can't wait to try the new pesto flavor!
From Anonymous of Eugene, Oregon on 2/8/2015.
Dairy lovers and vegans alike can enjoy this incredible cheese! I have never, EVER, enjoyed a non-dairy cheese until now. I was really impressed with the texture and flavor, and had no idea it was vegan until I saw the label! Great product!
is currently empty
Voted Best Online Vegan Store 2005-2015
website design by ninthvector